Blog de muzica noua si filme subtitrare, trailer, movie, actori

-------------------------------------------------

miercuri, 28 ianuarie 2009

Rico Paysos Interview Q & A

Rico Paysos was born in the South Bronx, his mom sent him off to live in Puerto Rico for the beginning of his life, where he learned how to walk and talk, and adapted English as his second language. He would return to the X at the age of  5, and  later relocated  to Long Island,  New York. Paysos grew up with hoop dreams, no different than any other kid. At an influential time in his life, his parents separated, and all his positive male Role Models, were distant or deceased. During his teen adolescence Rico grew infatuated with lives of the local Gangsta’s and Hustla’s, thinking that the fast money, the women, and the notoriety was what he wanted in his life. Coming from a broken home, and a momma grinding to make do, Rico had to earn his keep at a young age. So that’s what he did, he hit the block to make the paper he needed to satisfy his desires and needs, whether food or fresh jay’s... Rico has seen many things during his time on the devil’s roof, and his life in many facets. At the age of 13, Paysos began his music career under the guidance of DJ JOHNNY JUICE of Public Enemy, Paysos a troubled youth, was too stubborn to conform to the positive ideals of P.E and grew lost in the environment he was surrounded by. A couple wrong turns, and eye opening experiences that should him there is no loyalty amongst, help him find a new focus in life before it was too late. Today Rico Paysos went from Gangsta to Gentleman, to Graduate with a bachelor’s degree combination of street wisdom and book smarts, Paysos is now one of the most promising talents in hip hop today! Paysos has performed throughout the U.S, and shared center stage with artist such as P.E, Busta Rhymes, T-Pain, Bobby Valentino, & many others. “The Best Thing Since Free Air & Raw Sex”, Rico Paysos over 1 million plays on myspace, and mixtapes with premier DJ’s such as DJ VLAD & DJ ENVY.
DRAHMA:  At what age did you decide you wanted to rap?

Artist: I always made music since I was a youngsta, with my ghetto ass studio I built from a radio raheem boom box which was my mic and pro tools, and my CD stereo, which pumped the beats out. I did my thing on tape cassette and slang all over my Jr.High when I was in 7th grade, it was just something I did for fun.


DRAHMA: What's your main motivation behind your music?


Artist:  My supporters, my love, and my enjoyment for the music help fuel my motivation. I
remember when I put out my first official tape, DopeBoyFresh with Big Face Gary, people started opening they ears to me, and I remember homie War told me, “Rico, I think you found your calling! This is what you meant to do”. Ever since then I been going in, I motivated myself, and the support followed and the disbelievers started to believe.


DRAHMA: If you weren't doing music what would you be doing right now?


Artist:  I could be doing anything, I’m an entrepreneur, a business man, I have a B.A in Media & Communications, believe it or not! I know the in’s and out’s of business and the music industry. If I wasn’t doing music, I would doing the same shit, I’m doing right now, making moves, whether music or everyday life, it’s ForTheLoveOfMoney all day!


DRAHMA:  Where are you from what's your hometown?


Artist: I’m from Uniondale , NY , Long Island, I’m originally from the south Bronx, university heights , E. 188th and University ave, right by Bronx Community College .


DRAHMA:  What do you prefer the booth or the stage? Why?


Artist:  Man,  I prefer to lay down some heat in the booth, then hit the stage, and get the crowd moving, it’s so many garbage niggas in hip hop. It turns me on, when the beat drops, and I say “Awww Yeah” and I open up and spit this dope, and people are in shock that, there is actually a new dude with talent up in hip hop! I think if you sleeping on me, seeing me live and experiencing the energy, will wake you up.



DRAHMA: What has been the best way to get your music heard?


Artist: The internet is the most economical way to get out there. You tap the global market thru the world wide web. Time is money I aint got no time to sit in Time Square pushing CD’s baby, I’m grown ass man with a life, fine ass women I gotta give my attention to, and a lot of money to chase!

DRAHMA: If you could be any A-List mainstream rapper right now who would it be?

Artist: I wouldn’t be any of them, I’m not a wanna be! I can tell you something though, I was in ATL for T.I birthday weekend and the Paper Trail release. They love that dude, even the TSA dudes in the airport was promoting his record like “yo, Tuesday get that paper trail, wherever you at”. I don’t wanna be T.I, not in the slightest bit, but I never thought a hip hop artist could have such a repoir and such a strong support system, not even Hov demands that sort of presence in NY, if I could gain that kinda fame and prestige in this game, that what I want! At The end of the day the only A-List Mainstream rapper I want to be is Rico Paysos, “The Best Thing Since Free Air & Raw Sex” Awww Yeah!!!



DRAHMA: Would you like to be Rich or Famous? Choose one.


Artist: I would rather be rich, because you can be a broke ass famous dude! Fame can’t pay the rent, or put new shoes on the whip!


DRAHMA:  What would you choose a cure for aids and world hunger, or a platinum record and crazy wealth? And don't lie.


Artist: I want multiple platinum records and stupid crazy wealth, and if I’m blessed to achieve this crazy wealth, I will buy the cure for aids from the government, and get with the save the children, and make sure everybody eating!  I bet that will help me sell another million records (laughing) but seriously, realistically, a person can’t help anyone else until he helps himself, I want to reach the mountain top, and I want to help my people get up there with me if I get to the top first!

DRAHMA: What would you label your music as underground, backpack, hardcore, what?


Artist: I wouldn’t label, that’s your job, you the media, I don’t think you can put me in a box, I think I’m built for mainstream, I don’t make music to be a mom & pop store celebrity, I make music for the world to hear it!

DRAHMA:  Who would you do a record with first and why? 50 cent, Jim Jones, Lil Wayne, T.I., or Kanye.

Artist:  I would do a record with Kanye first, cause he is an dope emcee and a remarkable producer. I love 50 but he got stupid drama, Jimmy is cool, Wayne is cool, T.I is cool, but they just wouldn’t be my first choice, I have respect for what all those guys are doing right now, they tearing it up all across the board. Kanye is an all around artist, and he thinks out the box, I think we would make an incredible record, with 50 on the hook! (laughing)


DRAHMA: What producers would like to work with?

Artist: Timbaland, Dr.Dre, Rza, Kanye, Cool & Dre, Eminem, Primo,  Quincy Jones, Babyface, David Banner, and my current production team, Thomas Piper, Street Blaze, Starline, TQE, and Crack Val.

DRAHMA: What's your MySpace music page link


Artist:  
www.myspace.com/ricopaysos, if that’s too hard just google my name!

DRAHMA: What are your thoughts on having a BLACK PRESIDENT run your country?

Artist: yo real talk, I teared in disbelief and happiness, I never thought I would see a black president-elect! We don’t have a black president just yet, remember he has to stay alive til inauguration, there a lot of people in this country that don’t want that man to make it into that seat. Obama, needs the Secret service, and the Locs and Damus for extra security! I got ya back Obama, I got the strap, and riding with the homie, Aww Yeah!!!

DRAHMA: What phrase fits you best? MOB + Money Over Bitches, Snitches Get Stitches, C.R.E.A.M. + CASH RULES EVERYTHING AROUND ME, GET RICH OR DIE TRYING, OR MAMA DIDN'T RAISE NO FOOL? EXPLAIN.

Artist:  The phrase that best describes me is “The Best Thing Since Free Air & Raw Sex” cause not everything we need in life is free, right now only thing we got is Air, you got to pay for water, and other natural resources, and realistically not even love is free! Now raw sex, (laughing) I ain’t saying don’t use a condom, but I know most people done beat without a rubber and there is no experience like it in the world! The phrase is so deep, and taboo, I don’t think people look at it from my point of view. This phrase embodies what I feel I offer to music, a necessity and a pleasurable instinct, like air and sex. If I was to co-sign another phrase it would be C.R.E.A.M, cause I think it’s truth, ForTheLoveMoney all day! 

DRAHMA: Who's the best female to ever pick up a mic?


Artist: uhmmmm, Queen Latifah…hands down

DRAHMA: Do you believe in GOD?

Artist: I believe in the creator, the alpha and the omega, he who giveth life and taketh away!

DRAHMA: Last but not least. What do you consider making it? What's your level of success for this thing we call music?


Artist: I would measure success by the number of people I can reach; if nobody hears what I am doing it’s pointless. I would also measure it by accolades; I want two of every single award from every single award show, in America and throughout the world!

Niciun comentariu: